Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Research: "cheating in online games"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WaLLHacK View Post
    Scared ???? Its a game lol, not the Bailiffs coming to take your home or car from you.
    That's why I typed "scared".

Quote Originally Posted by DeathIncarnate View Post
    I think what he meant by that was that if you get banned from all servers, or subnet banned from all servers.

Then you wasted $$$ to get the private hack, let alone never being able to play the game again...

That's why i use proxy servers whenever i connect to a server i am going to rage because if i get banned then i can still come back with my normal IP Address.
    True. Thank you for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by uberLeet View Post
    Whilst it might be a broad generalisation, it's true in some cases. A lot of people I've met or talked to on nC or other cheating communities (regular posters or someone that holds a position within the community, so basically ...
    Thank you for your post! Helps me to get to know the cheating community better.

Thanks

I can't seem to load the survey.
    Is it still up and running?

Just to answer a previous question about cheating in real life as well; Yes, I do, and I know others that do as well.

I think it is a connection between the two, cheating in computer games and IRL.

I personally consider cheating as "helping aid", or as means to overcome obstacles.
    I am working out, and have competed in sports events while taking anabolic steroids and performance boosters like ephedrine/clenbuterol etc.

I do it on a regular basis, 2 or 3 times a year to get bigger, stronger and faster.
    I am very happy with the results, just as I am with my results cheating online.

Just thought I would share the relevance between the two .

For me, I think it is a psychological effect, that triggers the brain. Described as "Incentive salience". It is a motivational "wanting" attribute given by the brain to reward-predicting stimuli.

In my case, the rewards of being seemingly good at something that is sought after by other people. Like mad skills in online games (Quake Live in my case), or being very big and strong at the gym and other sports, or just walking down the street and having people stare at you for being ripped and lean at 240 pounds.

All in all, every user has his or her own reason for cheating. Whether it be for griefing and pissing other people off, or making yourself seem superior. It all comes down to the positive emotions you get WHILE doing it . This is what makes you want to continue.

I found this cool article on the brain's reward system on Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reward_system
    Last edited by lolzoruslockus; 5th May 2010 at 08:33. Reason: Merged triple post (:=

Thanks

Write your exact reason for cheating:

"Why did you use the computer software (this form) to make this survey? You could simply grab a pen and paper and travel the world to talk to each cheater and write their answers on the paper. Not?
    Well, then you could use a computer software instead of aiming manually."

LOL.

Thanks

damn bro epic bump there

Thanks

I am aware of the repercussions of cheating, and will do my utmost best to ensure I do not cheat.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amoktyp For This Useful Post:

lolzoruslockus (1st June 2011), paradox123 (1st June 2011), Razer (1st June 2011)

Thanks

and god said, " cobra , kill this thread ." and cobra answered:

/closed
    “I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cobra For This Useful Post:

Amoktyp (1st June 2011), Razer (1st June 2011)

Thanks

and chuck norris said

"only for today"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Murder4higher For This Useful Post:

Razer (1st June 2011)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12